Your Vertical Door Kits will Include
16 M8-1.25X30MM BOLTS WITH WASHERS
RIGHT AND LEFT HINGE ASSEMBLY
2 SHOULDER BOLTS WITH WASHERS
2 SHOCKS _________ PSI
TOOLS REQUIRED FOR INSTALLATION:
AIR RACHET, GRINDER AND CUTTER.
7MM, 8MM,10MM, 11MM, 13MM, SOCKETS AND EXTENSION.
FORK AND PHILLIP’S SCREW DRIVERS
SPACERS FOR THE DOOR GAP.
3/16 ALLEN WRENCH
1/4 TORX BIT
UNIVERSAL LAMBO DOOR KITS MAY REQUIRE SOME CUTTING, DRILLING AND WELDING.
"Installers with experience recommended"
1) Disconnect the battery.
2) Remove fender:
3)Remove all Phillip’s screws or fasteners from the wheel well. Usually you will have to remove bolts to loosen the bumper. Remove all the bolts from the top of the fender. Remove all bolts from the bottom of the fender by the door. Usually you will have to remove bolt holding the fender. At this point you should be able to remove the fender
4) Remove the door catch: Open the door and remove bolts from the body and from the door. Push the door catch inside the door. You will need to remove the door panel to retrieve the door catch.
5) Usually you will need to more wire slack: Remove foot trim, under it you will find wire harness use the fork to undo the wire harness and pull some wire. This will give you the necessary wire slack to fully open the new lambo door system. Some times you will have to remove the door panel and speaker and gain the wire from inside the door cavity.
6) Close door and use painter’s tape to secure the door in preparation for factory hinge removal.
Usually you will need a 13mm socket to remove the factory hinges. Hint* (You can make your spacer out of paint sticks and about 8-10 turns of blue painters tape)
7) Install new vertical door kit: In order for the vertical hinge to sit flat against the apron you might have to cut, drill or well depending on you particular vehicle. The new Vertical Doors Inc. system should sit flat against apron to work properly. Hint* Tighten the bolts on the door first and then install the bolts on the body. Important! Make sure you put grease on the body of the bolt and locktite on the threads of the bolts. Put grease on the bottom side of the shock end.
8) Once hinge is locked in place, break nut #1 then turn Allen set screw #2 on fig until it hits the block then open the door and continue to adjust until the door matches with the striker, open and close door making sure it closes like factory. Hint*(leave #1 nut loose until shock is installed Allen set screw will have to be re-adjusted after shock is installed.
9) Install the shock. Hint* (You will need a helper to raise the door). (Slip the spherical rod mount into the spherical ball bearing. Using a 1/4 Allen wrench, tighten the screw into the swing arm. After the shock is installed secure it by installing the pin in the bottom shock end.
10) After shock is installed re-install door panel and lift the door. Adjust door opening screw clockwise until distance between nub and swing arm is enough so that the swing arm moves up and down freely. Hint* (Fine tune the Allen Adjustment screw to realigned striker with door. After the door is align test door by opening and closing, lifting and lowering door several times.
Note: Do not install fender until the adjustment of the door is accurate, and the set screw is tightly secure. Also make sure everything is tight, adjustment is set and everything is Locktite.
11) Modify factory wire loom: In order to be able to open and raise the door, cut the factory wire boot in half and add wire loom to protect exposed wires.
12) Cut the inner lip of your fender to make room for the new Vertical Doors hinge. Note: After you have cut the fender use a sander or grinder and make sure the surface is completely flat.
SOME TIMES YOU WILL ALSO HAVE TO TRIM THE LIP ON THE DOOR (IF IT HAS ONE).
13) Close the door and replace the fender by reversing step 2. Hint*(Make sure the electrical wires don’t get pinched enough to damage wires)
14) For the other side just follow steps 2-12.
With a little patience and luck, you should be able to install your vertical door kit successfully. These instructions came in a universal kit from Vertical Doors, Inc. and were exactly what we needed to install our vertical doors. We do again strongly reccomend professional installation of these lambo door kits.